View Profile ChazDude

31 Movie Reviews

Haha, I guess the 5 second rule doesn't exist in this universe!

Don't do drugs, kids. That is unless you want to create a psychedelic masterpiece like this. In that case, have all the drugs in the world.

Seriously though, nice combination of 2D, stop motion and puppets.

Equally creepy and powerful. Some of your best work yet in this instalment of 'Mr. Fingrés'' adventures.

Now then, where can I get a glassy-meat-boy flavoured ice cream?

13 Game Reviews

I can envision an expanded version of this appearing on Steam someday. No joke.

dietzribi responds:

We've never released a commercial game yet (we're working now on our first one actually!) and we're scared it's a bit too goofy and silly to be taken seriously for our first product :P
BUT who knows... Maybe at some point!

Two things worth pointing out about this game:

- Contrary to the description, the A and D keys do nothing, whereas the arrow keys (left and right) DO control your movement
- Not a massive gripe, but the addition of sound effects would be nice.

Other than that, this isn't too bad for a first dabble into game programming. Keep it up!

AntonisOustas responds:

Thank you for your vote!
- I fixed the A and D keys , what i meant is the Left Key and Right Key ( Now The Desc Is Changed)
- I update the game soon with more levels and sounds!
Thank you!

Not too bad for a first game ever...

...especially considering I just played through the whole thing. Anyway, have some stars.

15 Audio Reviews

Calm and catchy, great work. Glad to have had a hand in helping it exist :)

Troisnyx responds:

I'm glad I listened to you on this one :D Thank you!

Reminds me a lot of the Minecraft soundtrack. I kinda dig it.

larrynachos responds:

*gasp* a chaz review!?

Thanks, man, I'm glad you liked it. I feel like it's more upbeat than minecraft, but I understand the aesthetic :)

I may be addicted to this. Send help.

32 Art Reviews

Godly. I shall take a bow.

Well...you asked for this review, and I aim not to disappoint, merely offer my constructive views on this submission of yours.

Buckle up, it's a long read.

Firstly, I can tell from afar that this comic has many, many Dave & Carl influences. There's of course various direct D&C references I take notice of, such as 'IZTOVIA FALLS', POTATOMAN IGNITED CHAPTER 5 HYPE INCREASES!', the 'D&C COMICS' store and so on. Obviously I'm honoured to have influenced your desire to make comics of your own, for which I'm humbled. On a related point, however, I also notice more subtle, technical similarities, including the 'follow me' text at the top (also in orange of all colours), as well as the entire layout of the credits at the bottom, the grey comic title and number for example.

What I'm getting at is, if you're intending to actively continue Wacky Neighbors as a series, I suggest maybe making these aforementioned similarities a lot less obvious. I'd suggest experimenting with different layouts in regards to where the credits are, what colour they happen to be and...well...I'm sure you get the idea. Long story short, it's a better idea to make it look less like a direct D&C clone.

Secondly, the art style. Heavy D&C influences as well (no problem with that) and I can see that you even drew the shadows too. On closer inspection, you and I would notice a lot of these tiny white dots. These dots would irk most people, myself included. I didn't notice any mention of what editing software you used but for now I'm assuming you used Paint. Now, that program is alright for random doodling and stuff, but if you're wanting to do a serious webcomic series, I suggest using something a lot more robust. My personal suggestion for you is Paint.NET, which is essentially Paint but on steroids. Unlike Paint, the fill colour tool has this 'tolerance' setting. It's easy to figure out, but what I'm getting at is that it's MUCH easier to get rid of those annoying white dots. Best of all, the program is FREE! (unlike say, Photoshop). So I say download it and give it a whirl!

More on the art style, the road markings, particularly in the first row of panles, don't appear to have much in the way of perspective applied to them. The tops of those road marking should really be completely flat, like the top of the bench that Gregory is sitting on for example. I don't have much else to say when it comes to the art itself, but those issues I mentioned just kinda...stood out.

Thirdly, the script. This is just my personal opinion, but I wouldn't rely on puns as the entire punchline for the whole series. Obviously this is pretty good for one issue, but if you kept it up for the rest of the series, it'd get old pretty fast. That's what 2014/15 me learnt.

I think I've covered all that can be covered, but one final point. Keep producing and keep improving, as all artists do. Right now, I'm sure you think of this as your best work, and that's totally fine. One day, you'll probably have improved so much that you look back on this comic and think that compaired to your newer stuff, Wacky Neighbors ain't exactly up to scratch. Again, most if not all artists would feel exactly the same thing, as do I. Compare, say, Dave & Carl #950 with Dave & Carl #1 and you'll see what I mean.

I anticipate more art (and hopefully improvement with it) from you in future. Keep practising, keep learning, keep evolving. Perhaps one day you too will have hundreds of followers and just as many comics under your belt.

I aimed to be thorough with this, I hope I didn't disappoint.

Stay Chazzy (not TOO Chazzy but juuuuuust enough)

cocoloco3412 responds:

Jayzus, that's one hell of a review! :O Here's my pretty lenghty response. Buckle up. ;)

First of all, I’m humbled that you’re humbled with the references, but yeah, I should make ‘em lesser obvious. Secondly, I don’t think this looks like a direct D&C clone, i'd said it's more of a webcomic highly inspired by another webcomic.

Also, yes, the white dots are a real pain when you think about ‘em.

About Paint.NET, I have it on my laptop since a few days ago, but never really got to use it for any of my drawing-related thingies, but that might change really soon. (I also have Aseprite. It’s like Photoshop but it’s just oriented to pixel art and pixel art animation.)

About the script and punchline, I will not rely on just puns, I’ll rely on more different kinds of comedy (and non-comedy things too.) :)

Also, i'd say i've improved a lot in less than an year. Compare, for example, this submission (https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/cocoloco3412/dragon-etude ) with this one or these ones (https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/cocoloco3412/this-is-fine & https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/cocoloco3412/pico-day-family-photo ) and you'll see what i'm trying to mean.

Also, take note that this took 5 effin' months to make. :O

And don’t worry, I will keep improving on everything (drawing, music making, etc.), and I hope I get to reach the same level of drawing mastery as yours, mate. :D

Thank you very much for your constructive (and very long) review, Master. ;D
And stay Chazzy you too! And keep up the great work! ;D

Nobody on this site is better than you at pixel art, and I have yet to be proven otherwise.

ScepterDPinoy responds:

But I do acknowledge awesome pixel artist on this site that have unique style.

Kinda crazed comic cartoonist coming from the county of Kent. Dave & Carl updates every Tue-Thu-Sat. Have a nice day! UPCOMING PROJECTS: Potatoman Ignited Chapter 5 (coming September 7, 2019)

Charlie Halson @ChazDude

20, Male

Comic Connoisseur

My brain I think

Kent (aka England's arse)

Joined on 6/20/13