The Best Game Ever The Best Game Ever

Not too bad for a first game ever...

...especially considering I just played through the whole thing. Anyway, have some stars.

Need to do this. beta (no sound) Need to do this. beta (no sound)

Couple of things to point out here:

- I found it hard to distinguish the background from the places you can actually walk on, resulting in many frustrating deaths
- W would work better as the jump key rather than Space

In my opinion, replacing WASD with the arrow keys as movement controls would allow the player to use their right hand for movement and their left for attacking. With the current system you have two hands on the letter keys, which may be a bit uncomfortable for some, myself included. Again, just my two cents.

Aside from that, this game does have some potential!

frorns responds:

Thanks, but in the future, is the main menu. And management you can configure as you wish:) Until then, even the main menu there:)

Side Project Side Project

For a first game this is some pretty neat stuff. However there's one elephant in the room that needs addressing.

There's no tutorial or list of controls that I can see either in the game or the description. I eventually figured out the controls but even so it's a MASSIVE gap in the game design

(For those wondering about the controls: WASD to move (W to wall jump as well) and number keys (1-5) to select weapons. Mouse to aim and click to fire weapon)

Also, one time while playing level 2, I was killing the enemy but when he reached 1HP he suddenly became invincible to hits, and when I jumped over him (god knows why) my character got embedded in the ceiling :/)

Jumping physics could use improvement too. All that aside, I wish you luck!

OmegaLevelGaming responds:

Thanks, I will be putting the controls in the description and will make a place where you can find the controls in game (I had meant to put them at the end of the description, but forgot). I am going to look into the enemy bug, I believe I know the problem. Thanks, I appreciate the input.

Neon Ping Pong 2.5D Neon Ping Pong 2.5D

Decent way to kill time.

Oddly I did better in extreme mode (8-5) after just one go in medium (1-12). Dunno if that was a fluke or I just became Andy Murray within a matter of minutes, haha.

Some music might fill the atmosphere but than again neither did the original pong!

jolo309 responds:

Haha yeah, there's a bug with the extreme difficulty, I'm working on a fix :-)
Thanks for rating :-)

Tilt Christmas Tilt Christmas

Not to sound harsh, but...

A decent looking game pretty much ruined by one massive problem.

The 1-second delay lag is near unbearable, and I noticed that the other 'Tilt' has the same problem even after an update you released for it. Surely something this simple shouldn't be lagging so much, if at all?

(putting this into context, I have a 3 GHz processor)

BlastOffProductions responds:

The FPS problem has been fixed. It used to be around 30FPS, now it can be around 60FPS. However, if this doesn't work please tell me. Thank you.

Pomg Pomg

Simplistic yet somewhat addictive, an interesting take on the beginning of all video games.

5 stars!

Top down Pac Top down Pac

Interesting concept.

I have to say it's a bit hard, took me about a dozen tries to complete the first level. Also, would it be possible to add things like ammo pickups? they'd help a lot.

One or two minor flaws aside, this is a pretty neat effort! you've earned a high-five.

Ghoulers responds:

Thanks man!
I wish if i can edit it and add more stuff but i can't.
I recently changed my OS to Linux Mint, so i can't use Construct 2 anymore or access the game project since there's no Linux version of C2, i tried to emulate the game engine but it didn't work.
But if i made some kind of remaster of this game with another game engine or framework then i'd surely add some power ups and things to make it better!

Edit : grammar fixed.

NG's 20th Anniversary Collab NG's 20th Anniversary Collab

A well made tribute to this great site, now I wish I had signed up to be part of it in some way, but oh well. Have a 5 and a fave from me c:

#NG4LYF

Fleeing the Complex Fleeing the Complex

Another divine entry in the series, as usual. The humour and amount of fails are more than enough for you to earn all my fives!

I'm sure you might get this a lot but...err...urm...when's the next one coming out? :>

PuffballsUnited responds:

I'm glad you like the series and want more but it always makes me sad when people instantly ask for more. I worked on this game for almost a year and when people go MOAR it feels like they barely even experienced what I've been working so long on.
Don't get me wrong though, I do appreciate you enjoying the series!

NG Character Survey NG Character Survey

I think there could be a wider range of characters (Blockhead, Bitey etc.) but overall, this ain't too bad c:

Btw, I picked Hank.